- Four Steps for Successful ERP Implementation - An ERP implementation is a complex undertaking whose success is by no means ensured. The only way to ensure successful ERP implementation is to define success by defining the return on investment, then to plan, execute, and manage for success.
- - As I’ve been going through my hundreds of articles to put together the 100 tips, it’s become obvious as to which topics resonated with me as essential to delivering bottom line business results. Here are a few highlights from the people perspective: 1. People are your #1 asset - If you don’t pay attention to your
- Use a dollar focus to measure the performance of your ERP System - Profit and cash flow are the most important measures of a business. Planned orders and exception messages are the most important way ERP affects those measures. The best way to determine how well your ERP system is being used is a dollarized measure of planned orders and exception messages that are not being worked.
- Demand Planning Best Practices - Sales and operations planning processes are key to improving service levels, accelerating cash flow and increasing margins. Thus, it is worth pursuing the seemingly simple process of aligning demand and supply and your executive team on one plan. It must start with the demand plan. 1. Talk with customers – it is surprising how often this
- 8 Strongest Links from Supply Chain Management - As I’ve been going through my hundreds of articles to put together the 100 tips, it’s become obvious as to which topics resonated with me as those essential to delivering bottom line business results. Here are a few highlights from supply chain management: 1. Demand Planning: It starts here. What do you think your customers need?