Recent Blog Posts
- Congratulations to Kash Gokli – 2016 LMA Advocate - We are thrilled to announce that Kash Gokli, professor of manufacturing and engineering management, and the Director of Engineering Clinic in the Harvey Mudd College Department of Engineering, has been recognized with the 2016 LMA Advocate Award! We would not be successful if it wasn’t for the support and expertise of our LMA Advocates. These folks have
- Optimizing ERP at a Global Company – Challenges for Project Managers - This article shares some of the challenges project managers face on global ERP projects. Anticipating these challenges ahead of time can help ensure your project’s success. These challenges fall into two broad categories: the challenges that come with a global ERP system and the challenges that come with a global workforce.
- Project Success Is All About the People - In reviewing project successes and failures, it turns out that project success has little to do with the technical aspect of projects. Instead, it is all about the people. Within the last year, we’ve been called by clients struggling with issues ranging from poor delivery performance to sagging margins, while other clients want to ensure
- The Largest Newspaper Operations in the U.S. – The L.A. Times - Last week, I went on a fascinating tour of the L.A. Times operations. It was quite impressive — and massive. Did you know the L.A. Times has the largest operation in the U.S.? They print for the Wall Street Journal, USA Today and others in addition to the L.A. Times. The equipment and
- Inventory Accuracy Pitfalls - Why do so many companies run into issues with inventory accuracy? After working on hundreds of projects with companies spanning many industries such as aerospace, building products and food, I’ve found these pitfalls are the most common: Transaction timing issues – although they might perform system transactions, they are not completed on a timely basis.