- Executive Summaries on Enterprise Apps© Number 6: Managing Differently After Implementing ERP - What do you, yes you, the senior executives of the company do differently the day after your new ERP is up and running? The correct answer is everything, but we'll focus on three specific items. Organizational Design Process Design Business Metrics
- Executive Summaries on Enterprise Apps© Number 6: How to measure the performance of your ERP System - You went through all the effort and expense of implementing a new ERP system, so how is it working out? Do you have a way of measuring how well it’s being used? The best way to measure ERP performances is a dollarized measure of planned orders and exception messages that are not being worked.
- Executive Summaries on Enterprise Apps© Number 4: Four Steps for a Successful ERP Implementation - Experienced executives know an ERP implementation is a complex undertaking whose success is by no means assured. Studies have shown that it is an endeavor that fails almost as often as it succeeds. Talk to any executive who has been through an implementation and they will be sure to have war stories to share .
- Executive Summaries on Enterprise Apps© Number 2: Three reasons to implement a new ERP system - A new Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) system can be an expensive and risky undertaking. I advise my executive clients that the decision to replace the existing system or to implement their first ERP system should be driven by one or more of the following three Decision Drivers. To improve profitability and cash flow To solve problems with existing systems To improve operations
- Manufacturers See Critical Importance of Collaboration - According to a recent KPMG survey on the Global Manufacturing Outlook, executives are thinking about innovation. 81% are altering their business models to encourage collaboration with customers, suppliers and other partners to “improve the value of their innovation investments”. Speed is critical. Thus, a key question is how to speed up the innovation cycle –