Ellen Kane has over 20 years of experience in designing and implementing manufacturing and distribution systems (both computer and manual) to solve “real world” problems. She has held data processing and line management positions in several manufacturing companies.
Ellen is the founder of Ellen Kane & Associates, a consulting firm which specializes in assisting companies in:
Ellen Kane & Associates offers the following services:
Prior to forming Ellen Kane & Associates, Ellen was directly responsible for software development, enhancements, and total company implementations in both manufacturing and software development companies. She held positions including Vice President of Planning, Director of Data Processing, and Project Manager.
Her major accomplishments included:
- Designed, implemented, documented and trained on Bar Code receiving/shipping system that reduced manual paperwork by 75%, reduced clerical staff by 50%.
- Led corporate team that developed bar code standards used by 6 divisions.
- Purchased equipment and software, and trained users to operate label printers.
- Managed implementation of ERP system with $5M inventory reduction in 1 year.
- Developed “World Class” measurements, and automated reporting.
- Designed spreadsheets and templates to plan capacity and do flexible scheduling of assembly lines.
- Automated multiple part substitutions, saving hours of manual data entry.
- Managed the relocation and start-up of new corporate distribution center.
- Established and ran Customer Service parts department including pricing policies.
Management Information Systems:
- Developed a 5-year Information Technology plan for information requirements.
- Designed and implemented a corrective action plan to maximize computer resources.
Ellen is certified as a Practitioner in Inventory Management (CPIM) by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) and is past president of the San Fernando Valley chapter of APICS. She has been a guest speaker at local chapter meetings and is an instructor at CSUN. She received her BA degree in mathematics from UCLA.