Class Lectures, practical exercises, group discussion, performance feedback
Number of sessions: 2
Length of Sessions: 4 hours
Total hours: 8
The course is designed for employees from all organizations that manufacture a product.
The skills learned apply to middle managers, administrative personnel, and employees who perform planning functions or execute the plans in manufacturing organizations.
Summary of Content:
- Overview of MRP inputs, outputs and processing logic.
- Nature of demand
- How MRP fits in with other elements of an integrated system
- Objective of MRP
- Inputs to MRP
- Bill of Material overview and role in MRP
- Lead time overview and role in MRP
- Basic MRP functions
- Gross and net requirements
- Planned orders
- Reading the MRP record
- Using MRP
Objectives and Benefits:
At the end of this section the student should be able to:
- Understand the nature of demand and the use of MRP
- Describe the MRP process, its inputs, and its outputs
- Understand the role of the Bill of Material in MRP
- Understand lead time, its components, and role in MRP
- Understand how a planner would use MRP
If you’d like to learn more, please contact us.