ACA Group provides sexual harassment prevention training for California companies.
Class lectures, practical exercises & video.
1 1/2 Hours for Employees; 2 Hours for Supervisory Personnel
Summary of Content
- What is Sexual Harassment (10 minutes)
- Test your knowledge (short quiz taken prior to class)
- Definitions: Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the courts
- Effects on the workplace
- EEOC Guidelines (20 minutes)
- Basic guidelines
- Definitions of the accused and the victims
- Liabilities for costs and defending the action
- Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (30 minutes)
- Video: “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace” discussion follows.
- Why harassment occurs
- Gender stereotypes, dealing with change
- Implementing and communicating a Sexual Harassment Policy
- Training, audits, counseling, privacy issues, case studies
- Handling Sexual Harassment Complaints (30 minutes)
- Your organization, your policy, choosing the right person
- In-house investigations following a complaint
- Basic interviews and documentation
- Resolving complaints, governmental agencies, courts, settlements.
- Maintaining a positive work environment
- Additional for Managers and Supervisory Personnel (30 Minutes)
- Video: “Managers and Sexual Harassment Issues”
- Q & A on interviews: the complainant, the accused, witnesses
- Duties of investigators, reporting, documentation, record maintenance
If you’d like to learn more, please contact us.