Class lectures, practical exercises, participative training videos
Number of sessions: 5 sessions
Length of sessions: 4 hours
Total hours: 20 hours
The course is designed for employees from all organizations, profit or non-profit, public or private, service or manufacturing. The skills learned apply to business owners, company executives, local. state and federal officials, health care professionals, financial professionals, middle managers, administrative personnel, and employees of manufacturing and service organizations. The Communication and Teamwork Skills class is a recommended prerequisite.
Summary of content:
Purpose and benefits of process improvement; brief historical overview.
- Process inputs and outputs, internal and external customers and-suppliers.
- Paradigms: overcoming resistance to change.
- Basic models for continuous process improvement, plan-do-check-act cycle.
- Brainstorming techniques, cause and effect diagrams, affinity diagrams
- Multi-level flow diagrams; identification of critical measurement points.
- Analysis of process data: checksheets, Pareto charts, run charts and histograms.
- Working with management; project mission clarification, progress reports
Objectives and benefits:
The objectives are for participants to develop abilities to improve product and service quality, reduce redundancies, mistakes, rework and waste. which leads to a reduction of internal costs. Benefits include a reduction of internal costs and increase in competitive advantages, market share, and profits and achievement of long-term business goals. Benefits also include an increase in both employee and customer satisfaction
If you’d like to learn more, please contact us.